During the month of March, we will be focusing on the themes: “Farm”, “Spring” and” Bugs”.
Spring is one of the four conventional temperate seasons, following winter and preceding summer. There are various technical definitions of spring, but local usage of the term varies according to local climate, cultures and customs. When it is spring in the northern hemisphere, it will be autumn in the southern hemisphere. At the spring equinox, days are close to 12 hours long with day length increasing as the season progresses. Spring and “springtime” refer to the season, and also to ideas of rebirth, rejuvenation, renewal, resurrection, and regrowth.
Knowledge. This refers to the state of knowing, of learning about specific information about something.
- After completing the month of March, the student will be able to learn about the basic concepts of spring, farm animals and farm activities and about insects.
- To teach the basic concepts on farms and the animals that live there.
- To recognize the different types of creepy crawling bugs and identify them by their pictures.
Value of the month:
Farm, barn, farmer
Pig, cow, sheep, horse, rabbit, chicken, duck
Stem, flower, leaf branch, tree
Rose, daisy, sunflower, tulip
Caterpillar, ladybug, bee, worm, butterfly, spider dragonfly
They would like……..
Fast and slow
Up and down
Hunt, run, gallop, eat, grow, fly,and crawl
White, yellow, orange, black,brown.
Number 6 and rote counting 1 to 10
Fine Motor Skills:
Using tweezers and scissors, folding paper, and sewing.
Physical Development Objective:
Hop on one foot, run and gallop
Fine arts skills: tracing different types of lines, and using glue properly.
Music: Baa, Baa, Black Sheep; When Pigs Get Up; Uncle Noah´s Arc; The Farmer in the Dell; Grandpa´s Farm; Five Little Butterflies; Itsy Bitsy Spider; Grow; The Beehive; The Ants Go Marching.
Babe the Sheep Pig; Big Red Barn; Down on the Farm; Old McDonald had a Farm; Open the Barn; A Tree is Nice; I am a Seed; The Very Hungry Caterpillar; The Flower Princess; In the Forest; The Colors of the Rainbow; Ten Lady Bugs; The Itsy Bitsy Spider; Let´s Take Care of the Earth; Who Lives here?; Rain under the Sky; The Seed Song; What Makes a Rainbow.
Calendar dates and reminders:
- Tuesday, March 4ththrough Thursday, March 6th, we will be having the school pictures.
- Monday, March 17th is a Holiday….we celebrate Benito Juarez´s birthday.